Resolving to Be Resolute
I am welcoming—more like pushing—myself back into the world of blogging.
It's hard. I'd rather keep to myself and be a recluse, yet, my thought bucket disagrees. It's been over 3 years since I shut down (actually, hid) my blog and called it a wrap.
Why? I've finally figured it out.
- Reason 1: Hatred of attention. There's no need for further explanation.
- Reason 2: My internet activity became my identifier. There is more to me than my blog content. (Insert smiley face.)
- Reason 3: There was a certain need for radio silence, so that I could form (and combine) my social circle after getting married. My audience was diversifying and I needed to understand them before I began again.
- Reason 4: My interests were undergoing metamorphosis, my personality was leaping many boundaries and I was in a season of learning.
In these past few years, I've learned and taught myself quite a lot.
- Cooking whatever I feel like.
- Cake baking and decorating
- Hand-lettering and illustrating
- Folding Fitted-Sheets like a boss
- Learning how to read the Bible
- Making lite conversation
- Understanding the limits of friendship
- Running an Etsy shop
- Owning a dog
- Properly doing laundry
- Allowing God to lead in silence
- Dealing with death and dying
- And much more...
So, I come. Bearing fresh wisdom, with a hefty ounce of humility in knowing that this is more a blog reaped from experience rather than expertise.